If I make a new blueprint course for my existing courses, what information will be overwritten?

Jump to solution
lukeh
Community Explorer

I have a blueprint course but it is full of pages that I no longer want. It seems the only way is to delete these one by one, but that would far too long. If I just make a new blueprint course and change the associations of my child courses, will it only replace the modules? Will this affect homepages, grades, anything else?

Thank you!

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @lukeh  Thank You for post your question.  I'm not completely sure of an answer for you, but I know there are some blog posts about Blueprint courses here in the Community that may be of help from  @kblack ‌ and  @lindalee :

Tips for Designing and Maintaining Blueprint Courses 

Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses: Introduction 

Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses: Getting Buy-In 

Lessons Learned about Blueprint: When Blueprint Wasn't the Solution 

Lessons Learned about Blueprint Courses: Replacing Course Copy Workflows 

Lessons Learned from a Year with Blueprint Courses 

I'm sure that Ken and/or Linda would be willing to chime in to provide you with some help for your question.

Also, I wanted to point you to another resource...a "Canvancement" (Canvas Enhancement) from  @James ‌ called Bulk Publish / Delete Pages.  This is not a part of the "core" Canvas product, but James has developed a method where you can use a Google Sheet to delete pages in your course faster than deleting them one-by-one.  You might want to check it out for yourself.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Luke.

View solution in original post