Immersive Reader (how to turn on)?

Jump to solution
scho0410
Community Participant

I have found the article that shows how to use an immersive reader in Canvas but there is not an article how to turn it on in your individual settings (which is how we find it at our institution). Am I missing the 'how to turn on?" article or can you create one? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
3 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @scho0410 ...

The Immersive Reader can be toggled on/off by your school's local Canvas administrator.  They would follow the instructions in this Guide:

What feature previews are currently available for an entire Canvas account?

Once it is enabled at the account level, then Immersive Reader would be available at the course level.

Hope this helps a bit!

View solution in original post

Sorry, you're correct, and I completely forgot about that, @scho0410 ! The instructions for enabling Immersive Reader in user settings are in  What feature settings can I enable in my user acco... 

Hi Sara...

Stefanie has given you awesome info.  I was also going to give you a link to the Guide (which I think is linked in the blue box at the top of the Guide Stefanie gave you):

How do I manage new features in my user account as a student? 

Also, as a side note...I watched your video, and it is interesting that you said the red "x" could be interpreted as a "delete" function.  I hadn't really thought about that, and I could totally see that being a bit confusing.  Maybe that's a candidate for a Feature Idea to have those icons changed to something else???