Imported announcements from Blackboard are all viewable :-(

Jump to solution
PeggyR
Community Explorer

After importing course content from Blackboard into Canvas, all of the announcements, most of which were not visible to students in Blackboard (waiting to be activated on different dates during the semester) are all now visible to students in Canvas. How can I fix that without individually changing the due date on every single announcement? Isn't there a way to make them all unavailable at once? I saw that the ability to bulk edit announcements was discussed as a major need somewhere else on this site, but I couldn't figure out how to comment there. Why hasn't this improvement been made yet? (New potential Canvas user here).

0 Likes
1 Solution
JasonSimmons
Partner
Partner

Hello Peggy,

Are you familiar with K16 Solutions? We're a close partner with Instructure and handle the vast majority of their customers' LMS migration projects. We offer an automated migration service that eliminates the manual process of moving courses one by one (and solves the issue you're describing). We also provide an archiving solution so you can archive your legacy course content and student data on our archiving platform that fully integrates with Canvas LMS. 

Below are just a few Blackboard to Canvas case studies. If you have any questions about our LMS migration or archiving services, I would be happy to connect you with someone from our team for a demo/consultation. I can also connect you with former migration customers of ours.

Thanks so much.

Jason Simmons,
SVP, K16 Solutions

View solution in original post

0 Likes