mjstewart
Community Member

When students send me a message via Canvas, I get a copy in my university email the way I'm supposed to. In past semesters, when I replied to those students from my institution email, a copy of my reply would be sent to my Canvas Inbox. That is no long happening and I don't know what changed. How can I get this to work again like it did before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

@chriscas - Good recommendations as always about notifications. However, that's not what @mjstewart is asking about.

I've also noticed this change. Like @mjstewart , I generally respond to Inbox messages from my college email when they pop up. In the past, as you noted, my responses would automatically show up in my Canvas Inbox as "sent" messages. Like you, I would go back into my Canvas Inbox to make sure that i had responded to every student message. Now, these replies that I send through my linked campus email NO LONGER show up in my Canvas Inbox.

So, I guess the solution is to open up Canvas every time I want to rely to a student's Inbox message. This is an extra step. It's less convenient, and without taking that extra step, I'm more likely to forget whether I've responded to a student.

View solution in original post

mjstewart
Community Member
Author

@SusanNiemeyer, you are correct. I just wanted to find out it was a simply a change in the way Canvas handles the messages and not an actual issue.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes