Instructor Activity Report

Jump to solution
gumbelj
Community Member

Our administration is looking for a report we can run per term for instructors access to Canvas and each course they instruct.  Logins and possible access to and interaction in the course.  

0 Likes
2 Solutions
RecycledElectro
Community Coach
Community Coach

I know that Canvas can save how many hours each instructor spent in each course:

Picture10.png

I do not know what access you have in your Canvas.

In the past, a school I taught for would have the department chair added to every course as another instructor, so she could keep tabs on things. She would accumulate the information about how many hours the instructor spent in each course.

A word of caution: I was once called out for my claim that I spent all summer building a course, but Canvas showed that I had spent very little time in the course that semester. This was because I had copied the course from the template I spent all summer building into the shell for that semester. My boss did not check the template that I might have deleted before she asked. I did not even remember the template for several days; I was mystified as to why I had spent so little time in that course.

View solution in original post

paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

@gumbelj If you check sub account reports you will find that you can run an activity report for one month. There may be improved reporting as Admin Analytics is refined, but you could get your dev team to look at this alongside API and data warehousing solutions. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Resource-Documents/Canvas-Default-Account-Reports/ta-p/387... 

User Course Access Log

The User Course Access Log report shows all the activity from users enrolled in all courses in a given term. The times viewed and times participated are counted from the beginning of time until the time the report was generated. A maximum of one month's data will be retrieved. By default, it will return data from the beginning of the previous week.

View solution in original post

0 Likes