Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I teach an AP Class with a manually created summer assignment. I had a student who initially enrolled in the course for last school term who only partially completed the summer assignment activities because they found out the class time wouldn't work...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,Recently I took a Psychology Class at Middlesex county college,NJ and submitted 2 assignments on Canvas I got the confirmation message for the submission. When my Professor started to grade my assignments at end of the semester she couldn't find t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I am tech support for a recurring course every summer. Students have to discuss on weekly topics.  How can I go back to previous summer course (2021) and remove all student discussions?  The discussion topics themselves stay the same year after ye...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I provide support for Canvas usage on University of Wisconsin-Madison. A faculty member teaches the same eight-week course every summer. And, we are having problems with the "date adjustment" feature during the course import.Are there any documents, ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hopefully, this is the right place to ask this question. We have an issue where a student turns in an assignment and receives a similarity score from the Turnitin LTI in Canvas of 0.0%. If another student then turns in the same (or very similar) assi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

With certain question types (multiple fill in the blank and multiple dropdowns, possibly others), Canvas, when showing students their quiz results, will show the student's answer twice, once inline and the other below (where the correct answers usual...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could you please add a function so that we can mark a notification as favourite so we can basically save it. That would be very handy as I receive a lot of notifications on canvas.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is a phantom calendar event on my Canvas page.  How do I delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas Support Team,Our online school has a concerned teacher. I thought it best to reach out to you directly for this one. The teacher asks:"I have a student moving into my class from another, this has happened a number of times in the last year,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a civics teacher who is giving a Quiz in Canvas. Most of his students' scores are transferring nicely to the Gradebook in Canvas, however random students are not posting. To get their scores the teacher needs to get into the quiz and click on ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'm still receiving quiz notifications when I've clicked on "All Submissions" which says that I'll get "Assignments (except quizzes) submission/resubmission." I have grading clicked off. Not sure why I'm getting a notification every time a studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We are trying to push global announcements into Canvas via API and we are running into a couple of blockers I was hoping someone could help with.We want to be able to send announcements outside the course context to targeted users for things like saf...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added a quiz question to a quiz and didn't realize that 2 students had already taken it.  Didn't check to see open date so I thought I was good.  However, these 2 didn't have it to answer at that time.  Is there a way to re-insert this question to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do i go to post to a forum?Where do I find the ebook listed under assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To do list is not updating and deleting past assignments completed and graded, already tried deleting app and re-downloading. Only a problem on the app and not dashboard.. advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

This is part three of a multi-faceted question.I'm the director of a student run free clinic for a large healthcare university. We have huge numbers of students and licensed professionals who volunteer for these events every year, plus hundreds of st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is part two of a multi-faceted question.I'm the director of a student run free clinic for a large healthcare university. We have huge numbers of students and licensed professionals who volunteer for these events every year, plus hundreds of stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is part one of a multi-faceted question.I'm the director of a student run free clinic for a large healthcare university. We have huge numbers of students and licensed professionals who volunteer for these events every year, plus hundreds of stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long do pass words last?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Although the moderated grading feature allows multiple graders to enter scores, it does not have the capability to collate those scores.  We are not able to get an average score from all the graders or a summary of the individual rubric scores for ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi team,Is there possible I override the conversation area with a rich text editor and show styled text with HTML in the inbox message.For example, it will have some bold text in the inbox message like this TEST or UNDERLINE.Kind regards

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to complete an assignment via Lock Down Browser and it has advised me of the following response when I try to access the assignment."Error: Unable to continue.-Exam title indicates a webcam must be used. but the course is unknown to o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I save my canvas content into the canvas cloud?  I would prefer it be accessible only by me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz with unlimited attempts, and the take the quiz again button is not showing up. How do I get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the course is not in the drop down menu. Therefore the email address for the instructor not matching. Please help. The course that I am taking is Biol 2301 instructor Sairah saeed at katy compus

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, What's the email address for Canvas support?, not the link within Canvas but the real email address?Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I love working with Canvas support and appreciate how quick they are to respond, but have one piece of feedback that I am hoping to validate with others users before I put in a feature request, it may just be a personal preference on my side.  Basica...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I view assignments that are revised and resubmitted? How do I distinguish them from the first draft assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a new computer and am trying to sign in to Canvas. It is saying I have the wrong password. I have requested to reset several times over the last 24 hours. I have checked inbox, spam and trash. Nothing!!! How can I get in????

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you use the "Calendar Feed" URL option to export the Canvas calendar you can only export 30 days.  Anyone figure out how to copy an entire school year's calendar?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies