Invalid Pairing Codes

Jump to solution
amber_batten
Community Explorer

Hello Canvas Community!  We have had numerous (more than five) reports of parents trying to set up observer accounts for their students and they are continuously getting "invalid pairing code" errors.  I have actually gotten this error myself.  It took three different pairing codes before one would take.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  I have requested that each parent provide me with the pairing codes they are getting the errors on, but none have responded to my request so far.

Thanks in advance,

Amber Batten

2 Solutions

Hey Chris! Yes, I believe the issue ended up being that extra code was

copying and observers were copying and pasting the codes. If they typed it

in, there didn't seem to be an issue.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 9:35 PM chofer@morainepark.edu <

View solution in original post

Hi,

I was having similar issues when trying to create a parent account on my PC (using browser: Chrome Version 85.0.4183.83) on 9/3/2020. After trying 3 - 4 different codes, I mentioned the error to my child's teacher and I'm not sure if she reported/submitted the issue. Though I decided to try it again yesterday and it worked! The only I advice I would offer is to triple check the code you typed and also whether you type or copy+paste the code, to ensure there aren't extra spaces before of after the code when submitting it.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes