Ipad Issue

JanaEoll
Community Member

I work at a school in our tech department and have run across a weird issue.  I have a student who uses an iPad for his schoolwork and when he completes an assignment (either views a lesson or submits work), the assignment or lesson will have a green checkmark showing it has been viewed or submitted, but he is unable to move on to the next activity because it is greyed out (locked).  This happens in all of his courses. 

He has logged into his Canvas dashboard through the student app and through Google Chrome on his iPad and it happens whether he is in the app or in a browser. The next activity will eventually unlock after a couple of hours but as it stands now, he can only complete one activity at a time and then needs to wait an indeterminate amount of time before the next activity is unlocked.  

This only happens when he is using his iPad.  He is able to progress through assignments when on the Canvas app on his phone, or when logging into Canvas through a browser on a laptop. 

I have never seen this issue before and I am inclined to believe it has something to do with the iPad itself, however, I am having a hard time figuring out what could be happening. 

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this might be happening? 

0 Likes