Is it possible to get quiz statistics for a "file upload" question?

Jump to solution
Chris-WSUSoM
Community Novice

I created a quiz with a file upload question, where students submitted a pdf as their answer. Then I used speed grader to review their submissions and assign points for correct (1) or incorrect submissions (0). In the quiz summary, Canvas isn't giving statistics for the question though. I just want to see how many answered the question correctly, and how many answered incorrectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions and ideas. A screen shot of the question and from the quiz summary page is attached and it looks like 100% of the answers are correct which they are not (don't worry, it's a fictional patient, no real patient data). The question also doesn't show up in the item analysis spread sheet, and in the student analysis spreadsheet it only shows their document as their answer and not if points were assigned or not. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
katiehamilton
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @Chris-WSUSoM !

Thanks for reaching out to us through the Community!

I understand that you would like to see how many students answered a File Upload question correctly and incorrectly through the Quiz Statistics.

This guide indicates that Quiz Statistics will only show the relative grade performance for question types that require manual grading. Question types that require manual grading would include Essay questions and File Upload questions. Because of this, Quiz Statistics will not be able to accurately capture which students got the File Upload question correct or incorrect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes