Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathryn_wood

Issue with changing point value on individual quiz questions in Classic Quiz

Once upon a time, I could change how much each individual quiz question in Classic Quiz was worth, but now when I try to add or edit a question, it does not show the option to do so on the right as it once did, but rather automatically assigns it 1 point.  (Perhaps this changed to force us to use New Quiz -- of which I'm not enamored.)  Is there a workaround so that I can assign different point values to the individual quiz questions in Classic? 

I know that I could just set the total value of the quiz, but some questions are worth more than others, so I would like to continue to designate them thusly.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @kathryn_wood 

You should still be able to edit points on quiz questions in Classic Quizzes.  The only situation I can think of where you might not be able to edit the points on an individual question is if the questions are part of a Question Group.  All the questions in a Question Group must have the same number of points, so if the questions are all part of a question group where the question are each worth 1 point, you will not be able to adjust to points on an individual question.

0 Kudos

I'm not using grouped questions for this quiz.  A little more background:  the quiz was developed a few semesters ago and imported to a version of the course each semester since; this semester, I needed to delete a few questions and then add a few to replace them.  That's when I noticed that it was defaulting to 1 point for each of the new questions and not letting me changed the value of any of them, old or new. 

Given your response, I'm wondering if I should try something that is the Internet version of "turn it off and try rebooting" the page.  Meanwhile, I have a quiz that I might have to recreate from scratch.... oh, joy.

0 Kudos

Hi @kathryn_wood 

Are there question pools or anything else included in the quiz?  Is it being copied over from another Canvas course, or imported from some other source?

0 Kudos

It's just a standard, non-grouped or pooled questions, quiz that has been imported from the Canvas shell of the previous term, and it's been imported from semester to semester over the last two years.  The original source of the questions was my feeble mind rather than from a publisher.

0 Kudos

Hi @kathryn_wood 

Do you mind sharing a screenshot of the Edit screen of one of these questions?  I can't duplicate what you are describing...

0 Kudos