It should be possible to specify an assignment GROUP when creating an assignment from the modules page

Jump to solution
MrMiller
Community Member

When creating assignments in the modules page, it does not allow you to specify which assignment group to put it in. This always results in having to go back and clean up later.

Conversely, you can't seem to specify a module when creating an assignment on the assignments page, either...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @MrMiller ...

The "Modules" index page is used do design the layout of your course.  However, I can see where your suggestions might be beneficial to you and others.  It sounds like you actually have two different ideas here for enhancements to Canvas.  Since you are currently listed as a "New Member", you cannot yet submit new Feature Ideas here in the Community until you "rank up" and do more stuff (participate).  I also tried searching for existing Feature Ideas that you could participate in, but I wasn't able to find anything related.  Here are the Guides that I normally give to folks:

Once you "rank up", you can create new Feature Ideas...and I would suggest creating two separate ideas...just so that you keep things separated.  For example, someone may like your first idea but not the second...so how would they know which to give a star rating for?

I hope this helps...even though it might not be a direct answer to your question. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes