Linking courses to be able to add people to all of them at the same time

Jump to solution
k_elson
Community Member

Hi!

I am wondering if there is a way to link a selection of courses so that you can select the "group" and add people to all of them at the same time?

This has come about as my institution split what was one course per university year a while back, and created lots of courses to mirror the modules / components. This meant we went from adding a person to one Canvas course for all the content to potentially 25 courses, which takes a lot more time, and if not time effective if you have singular people joining later, or new staff etc. 

What I would like to be able to do is create a "group" in Canvas admin that knows 24 courses are all related to Year 4 as an example. I can then access the group when adding people, and add them to all at the same time in one process. If it could also prompt you for which section at the same time that would be great.

I am aware there is auto enrolment but I think we were told that wouldn't work for some reason, and we have large numbers of staff who that would not apply to.

Any help gratefully received thanks!

1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @k_elson ,

There isn't a built-in way to link different courses like that.  The only real way I can think of is to use SIS imports to manage the enrollments, which is really just a CSV batch file with a list of the student and the section/course that they should be enrolled in.

View solution in original post

0 Likes