LockDown Browser has caused issues within my laptop's driver.

Jump to solution
MoroniPerez
Community Member

LockDown Browser wont allow me to shut off my laptop naturally. A quick google search states that the issue is likely due to an "insufficient permission from a misconfigured local security policy" after deleting the LockDown Browser App I can now shut my computer off. I want to know what can be done to prevent this, I cant afford to risk my computer by forcing it to shut down and eventually crash because I use it for work.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @MoroniPerez,

LockDown Browser is made by Respondus, a separate company from Instructure/Canvas.  I'd recommend visiting the Respondus Help page and going down to the Tech Support section to file a ticket or talk to someone from Respondus about the issue.  I hope they'll be able to offer some suggestions to you.

-Chris

View solution in original post

Hi @MoroniPerez,

Unfortunately, there isn't really other advice we can give at this point.  The only other thing I could suggest would be reaching our to your school/institution's Canvas support area (if that exists), but I think you'll get a similar response from them about contacting Respondus directly since it's their product casing the problem.

-Chris

View solution in original post