Love the new modules publishing options!

Jump to solution
MsTia
Community Participant

Instructors who have dozens of weekly modules with many items tucked inside each, and who copy course content and structure into new courses each fall, do not look forward to the tedious summer task of unpublishing items one by one, to reveal content as they choose. During the academic year, too, it can be a pain when you publish a module, realize you did not mean to publish everything inside it -- yikes! -- and then hopefully click in time to hide an item.

Imagine my joy today when I saw new options to publish "module only" or publish "module and all items." Hooray! Two clicks per module to unpublish the whole thing, then republish just the module so its heading shows . . . then check Student View for a couple of still-published docs . . . and I was off to the races!

Don't know if this just applies to FFT instructors, but kudos to Canvas for this nice update. My clicking paw thanks you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @MsTia ...

I'm not sure if you follow Instructure's monthly Canvas Release Notes, but this was part of their June 17, 2023 release.  You can read more about all of this by visiting:

Canvas Release Notes (2023-06-17) - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

It not only would apply to FFT, but it should also apply to all paid Canvas accounts.

View solution in original post