Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poppet
Community Member

Make assessment grade box in speed grader larger

Jump to solution

Hi,

I created a new 'fun' grading scheme for non formally assessed work. if they do the first thing, they 1 kudos point and if they do the second thing, they get 2 kudos points.

When I grade the student the full text does not fit in the Speedgrader assessment grade box. Instead I get '2 kud'.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 121956.png

Is it possible to make the grade box larger please?

Thanks,

David.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

That box is for a numeric score. It's not meant for text.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

That box is for a numeric score. It's not meant for text.

poppet
Community Member

Hi,

You say that but if you create the following grading scheme using a Letter grade in the 'Display grade as' box:

when you enter 100%, the Grade box removes the numerical value and replaces it with: '2 kudos points' (or at least a cropped version of it). So the box is set up and required to display text.

Also, I have attached here what the student sees. They appear to get an uncropped version, which is good (top right). 

David.

bowmanr
Community Champion

@poppet 

David -

That is a neat way of doing grading.  I have always graded with scores, so I have never tried what you did.  It is nice to know that capability is there.  I will say that it is better to have the problem the way it occurs for you than the other way around.  So the students see the entire grade where as you get the truncated version, but I think you see enough (the 2 vs the 1) to know how the project is graded.  

poppet
Community Member

Thanks for having a look. It's interesting; our college is Competency based and we don't give numerical scores, so I have never done anything different. Our usual marking scheme is:

CA (Competency Achieved),

NYC (Not yet competent) and

DNS (Did not show)

These DO fit into that tiny box.

I didn't say this before but you also have to select the 'Do not include this grade in the final score' for competency based scoring.

David.

Oluremi27

It is a great ideal it gives us that motivational spirit to keep going and never give up .

0 Kudos