Marking Issue

Jump to solution
lexis1
Community Member

I am attempting to mark papers on speedgrader - I am a student marker and therefore do not have control over the module page. However, it keeps telling that the papers that are assigned for me to mark have already been marked and have been sent in for moderation. This is not true as I have not marked any of them. As a result I am unable to access the rubric. What can I do to resolve this problem? Or, what can I request the lecturer to do on their side to resolve the problem? 

Please assist - this is urgent and I am not getting any feedback from the help desk...

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @lexis1 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with leaving marks in the speedgrader. Normally, this feature is only for teachers or TAs. As a student marker, it sounds like the grading or marking period may have closed which would disable you from entering scores for these students and using the rubric. You mentioned that the marks were already submitted - does this mean it is the end  of the semester? You should certainly let the instructor know that you cannot use the rubric or enter grades. The instructor should check first on their end if it is open to them, if it is - it is a permission setting and the instructor will need to mark them or university would need to make admin changes. If the instructor cannot change or edit them, it has likely been closed and they should still contact the university or institution to get the marks actually entered. Hopefully this helps! 

View solution in original post