Individual start files of each student

Jump to solution
RaymondFrost
Community Member

How do I batch upload individual start files for each student? 

I know that it is possible to batch download for grading and then batch upload the graded files. But what if I want each student to start with a slightly different file that I upload? If I include the student name in the file name, can Canvas drop each individual file in each student's account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @RaymondFrost ...

There is nothing on the current Canvas UI (User Interface) that I know of that would allow you to drop individualized files into separate student folders.  To be honest, I'm not even sure if that is possible through some back-end programming...as that would be beyond my scope of knowledge.  A clunky work-around might be to create a group for every student in your course (10 students...10 groups), and then you could upload the file into the group for that particular student.  But, you'd have to go into each group to upload the file...which could take you some time...especially if you don't want said file to be seen by other students.  Certainly not an ideal solution, but it might work for your needs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes