Marking a fill in the blank as correct

Jump to solution
ajhall24
Community Member

I am confused as to how I would mark a fill in the blank answer as correct, so that it shows up as the correct answer in the student view. I teach a class that has a wide variety of possible answers for fill in the blanks, so it is not feasible to enter all of them even with the "close enough" feature. Is there a way to just mark each fill in the blank as correct? I feel that otherwise the grading to the students will be confusing when they have the right amount of points but 3/4 of the fill in the blanks say incorrect. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jen_Charles
Community Contributor

Hi! I'm not as certain on this answer as the other I just left you, but what popped into my head is that if your question is so open ended that there are too many correct answers to list, you may want to use the essay question option instead of fill in the blank. That will leave the question ungraded for you to go in and mark correct or not. 

If you're looking for every fill in the blank question to be marked right no matter what the answer is, I don't think that's an option. 

Hopefully others will chime in with other thoughts!

View solution in original post