Marking all quiz submissions as read/reviewed

Jump to solution
Athyrio
Community Member

I include an honor pledge in my quizzes as zero-point essay question. Students type their name to sign the pledge. The problem is, Canvas wants me to review every submission and grade it right or wrong. 

Is there a way to mark all submissions to a particular quiz or quiz question as right without reviewing them one-by-one?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@Athyrio -

Instead of making it a 0 point essay question, make it a quiz with a T/F or M/C question.  I used a module for the exam and had the honor pledge quiz as the first item and they had to get a 100% to unlock the test.  I gave them the 2 points (I had 2 questions ) on their exam score, but you could put the honor pledge quiz in its own assignment group with weight of 0%(if you use weighted groups) if you use point based, make each problem worth 0.01 points.

For the honor quiz, they had unlimited attempts and wrong answers received feedback stating that without accepting and agreeing to the conditions they would not be able to take the test.

This is a sample of what I had:  For the instructions they see before starting the quiz:

Instructions

This is the honor code section of the exam that must be completed before students can receive the actual exam.  It is worth 2 points on the exam.

Both questions must be answered correctly to proceed to the actual exam.

It can be taken anytime between noon(12pm)  and 11:59 pm on the day of the exam (although keep in mind that the exam will end at 11:59 pm).  You will have 1 hour 20 minutes to take the exam, so to get the entire time you must start before 10:40pm

Here are the two questions I used where I selected the wrong answer and it shows the feedback

Students are allowed one attempt at taking this exam. 
The maximum allowed time for this exam is 1 hour 20 minutes hours. 

For this exam, there is a window of opportunity to take this exam. 
The exam will be available from noon(12pm) to 11:59 pm on the day of the exam .
The exam can be started anytime within the window of time allocated above - with the following constraints on time:

• The length of time allowed for taking the exam is 1 hour 20 minutes hours (80 minutes)
  • The exam submission time will end at 11:59 pm
  • The exam will terminate 1 hour 20 minutes after starting the exam or at 11:59 pm whichever occurs first.
  • To get 1 hour and 20 minutes of time to take the exam, it must be started no later than 10:40 pm.  Starting after 10:40 pm will result in less than 1 hour 20 minutes to take the exam.
Correct Answer

I understand the time constraints of the exam as stated above
You Answered

I do not want to follow the time constraints stated above
By selecting this answer, you will not be allowed to continue and take the exam.

Question 2
0 / 1 pts

By digitally signing the honor code which is performed by selecting the correct answer, the student taking this exam is asserting the following:

• They have not provided help regarding this exam in any form to another student in this course.
  • They have not provided any information regarding this exam to any other student in the course.
  • They have not provided any information regarding this exam to anybody not in this course.
  • They have not received help regarding this exam in any form.  The exception to this help is aid received from the instructor of the course only.
Correct Answer

I have read and understand the academic honor code as it applies to this exam. By selecting this answer I am electronically signing the Honor Code for this exam as stated in the question

You Answered

I do not want to sign the honor code
If you do not sign the honor code, you will not be able to take the exam

View solution in original post