Mastery Paths Content Not Copying

Jump to solution
MaureenYoungCSU
Community Member

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some current information about Mastery Paths. When I try coping a module of content, the quizzes associated to the main quiz do not copy over.

I have created a quiz that will determine which quiz students will take next (based on their score). I don't want all the quizzes in the module list for students to see. So, when I copy the content of the module, technically I am not copying those other quizzes. But I would have assumed that if I have a quiz that is associated to other content in a mastery path, all content would come with it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that is the case.

I am trying to emulate what an instructor would do, as they copy content from this year's course into next year's course. I guess I might have better luck if they do an entire course copy, but this makes me nervous! And leads to my second question, even if the entire course is copied, will the instructor have to set up the paths again?

Thanks for your ideas!

Maureen

0 Likes
2 Solutions
james_whalley
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @MaureenYoungCSU,

I just tested this with Copy Course and it failed. I tried again using Import Course Content and it worked (though, I was only testing assessments and not Pages). The trick for me was that I needed to go into the settings of the empty course and selected Enable individual learning paths for students based on assessment before doing the import.

Best,

James

View solution in original post

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

Hi @MaureenYoungCSU -- I believe this is behaving as expected.   Canvas Quizzes (classic quizzes) cannot be Copied or Duplicated in general, so if it is in a Module, the module will not include the Quiz.   (Usually if I am trying to Copy a module, I just remove the quiz, then create a new quiz, or some other solution).  

But as @james_whalley suggested, the Import Course Content (via course Settings) should work -- but not that a Quiz can only be imported one time.

I'm not familiar with the "Enable indvidual learning paths" setting -- I need to look into that!

View solution in original post

0 Likes