Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Ok so I am making a banner for my shopify website and on this banner I want to showcase some of my custom work in the form of a slide show  and i want it to play automatically  but it won't What do i need to so\do? I made the slide show on canva as w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I currently have a sandbox with clever and would need someone from the canvas team to invite my district to connect with the application   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In areas such as Discussions for example, when an instructor clicks on options, several options show up in a list.  Delete tends to be near the top of the list.  For Discussions, I see in this order: Mark all as read, Delete, Speedgrader, then severa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, have any of your students received "waiting for Canvas" error while taking a test in Proctorio?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a setting that once I put in a grade, something is no longer marked as missing? It is very time consuming to manually uncheck missing for every student individually. I teach both in person and remote from the same class and use sections, so ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to any of the zoom pages for my classes on canvas it is completely blank. For some reason this page works on my cellular device but I need to access it on my computer. There are definitely supposed to be meetings present and they pop up whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have an instructor who cannot access one of the courses she is currently teaching this semester. She can access the other two courses that she is teaching. Can  you help with this issue. Thanks L Buncom, Dean of Instruction

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, We had setup the redirect tool and the external URL is pointed to our in-house system. We would like to include Canvas username in the external URL, (for example: https://abc.com?username=ABC) We found the document about substitutions. https...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone . I want to delete the courses in bath process through sis .Please help me to find out the way

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two questions is there a way to have a multiple answer formula question? is there away to pipe student responses into future questions/formulae? This way we can give students credit for correct later derivations/calculations even if earlier derivatio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a quiz that was due yesterday.  I don't want students to be able to take the quiz, so I've set it to be unavailable after yesterday.  However, I want students to be able to view the quiz, the questions, and the correct answers today.  So, I se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm responsible for the grades for a group of students and was wondering if there is a way to export grades for that group, rather than the whole class? I'm guessing the answer is no, but just want to confirm to save myself some time. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I completed 1 week. I want to go 2 week.How I will go to next session? 0l.help me.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who took a screenshot of her quiz submission and it shows she received a 15/15.  Her parent received a notification she got a 2/15.  On my teacher account she got a 2/15.  When I look at her answers on the quiz she did score a 2/15. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I see if I have covid.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created two "new" quizzes using the new quiz creator last quarter. I copied the course over to this term, but the "new" quizzes do not come over correctly and cannot be accessed. How do I get them to integrate to this term's Canvas shell?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My peers have written to me, and I often miss their messages. How do I set notifications for these using an IOS device? Thank you for any helpful suggestions! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i make videos for my class

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there any way to change the font size of the equation editor?  When I drag the equation to make it bigger, it shows up bigger on my screen, but is still small when students go to take a quiz.  It makes it very hard for students to read exponents.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Whenever I try to upload a file, regardless or type (I have tried PPt, word, pdf, etc) I get the same message: Error: Request failed with status code:400.  I have tried restarting browser and pc. I have erased the browser cache. I have deleted files ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can it be possible in the future to view the Grades pages in student view and see the grade distribution information that students see? Also, is it possible to include # of student submissions in that set of information so that students can view as w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hey guys , I'm a new student kind of nervous,  do you have any tips ? Especially about studying  lol

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am requesting to get a acme sandbox. There have been multiple posts about this in the community and I would like to get one. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a quiz open to students, and it pulls questions from a question bank.  One of the multiple choice questions is marking students incorrect for the correct answer, although in the question bank the correct answer is chosen.  However, in the quiz...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,  I'm trying to obtain more information on the Certified Educator program in HE. Here's the link to the current listing of CORE courses ( https://learn-cce.catalog.instructure.com/browse/cce-he) however, there isn't much in the way of details o...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

¿Cómo hacer el cambio de fondo al utilizar la cámara en BigBlueButton en las conferencias de Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district currently has Google LTI 1.3 Assignments enabled. I understand that the old Google Cloud Assignment functionality will become deprecated in the fall.  Many of our teachers will be looking to import course content/modules that include ass...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have images that already have descriptions and alt text added to them, but when I upload them through the RCE the system, Canvas, does not seem to be able to identify that content. Am I missing something or am I going to need to go through and add ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are needing to copy the SIS ID value from the Course to the Section for several hundred sections.  We are looking for which Permissions are needed in order to allow limited account access and still update the SIS ID value on the Section.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to see in the quiz log if a student is copying the question? My Canvas exams are "New Quizzes" and when I look at the logs (through the Moderate tab in each quiz), this is what I find: There is a difference in font size at 18:12 and n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies