Mastery Paths for Differentiation Based on Content (Not percentage grade)

Jump to solution
kathrynmgomes
Community Member

I am designing a math review class on Canvas. I would like each module to start with a pre-test/quiz. I want to use Mastery Paths to individualize the assignments each student completes in that module. For instance, if they miss question 7 on a quiz it pulls up an assignment about solving equations. Is there a way to sort students this specifically, or can I only do it by percentage? I could have two students who both earn 50% on the pre-quiz but they need to review different assignments.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @kathrynmgomes -

That's a really great use case. I think it would be fascinating to get that granular with Mastery Paths! However, with the way Mastery Paths are set up right now, it is a "total score" consideration that then automates the path for the student.  I know that you could build multiple paths based on topic, but that does add bulk to the Assignments list and Grades pages. 

It could be a worthwhile Idea Conversation to share with the Community if you have time. How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes