Migrating Classic Quizzes Test Banks to New Quizzes

Jump to solution
taniperalta
Community Explorer

1. Does anyone here knows how to migrate test banks of Classic Quizzes to New Quizzes?

2. Or how can I upload test banks for Canvas provided by book publishers to New Quizzes. At present, it works only to Classic Quizzes.

3. When I migrate a classic quiz to New Quizzes, why does it not migrate all the settings. For example, the time limit and number of attempts. I had to go to settings and re-apply the settings.

1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

I do not believe there is a current method for transfering test banks. 

To transfer publisher content through a test bank, you could use the test bank to make a classic quiz, migrate the quiz to new quizzes (an option on the three dot menu of the quizzes tab), and then if you really wanted a new quiz item bank, transfer the questions to a new bank.  I expect there to be a more efficient method eventually, and so it might be simplest to make the quiz you intend to use, and just migrate that.  The banks can be transferred later. 

That is a good point about the settings.  I believe the reason is related to some of the different options in new quizzes, but it should not be necessary to undo the settings that already match.  You might consider adding your feedback here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/The-Canvas-tl-dr/New-Quizzes-looking-forward-2021/ba-p/427074

View solution in original post

0 Likes