Minimum Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Reader Versions

Jump to solution
AlishaStearman
Community Member

I am unable to find exact wording for the minimum Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Reader version specifications that students need for Canvas. I had a faculty ask and I am only able to find the computer browser/app guidelines. Would someone send over a direct link to this specific information from the guidelines so that I am able to guide an instructor to the most current information? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @AlishaStearman ...

The Canvas LMS (Learning Management System) is different than Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Yes, there are minimum requirements for using Canvas...which you can find here: What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products?.  However, I'm not aware of any requirements that Canvas has for Microsoft and Adobe products.  I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor(s) in case you are concerned about any software version requirements that are needed for your course work.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @AlishaStearman ...

I'm really not sure, to be honest.  Just doing a quick Google search for information on support for Microsoft Word 2010, I came up with these links:

Again, Canvas and Microsoft are different things.  Some schools are Microsoft schools (some are Google), so they are able to offer Microsoft Office 365 on the cloud to their students.  (I don't really know if there is a "version" of that, though...since it's online.)  Some schools may have their own Microsoft Office requirements, but that would vary per school, I would think.

Sorry this doesn't seem like an exact answer, but hopefully this additional information will be helpful to you in some way.

View solution in original post