Missing Equations in New Quiz

Jump to solution
connellm
Community Member

Hi,

I have a science instructor who is trying to have students write chemical equations in New Quizzes (students would need to upload a chemical equation in the essay box). The RCE has the "insert equation" function which has all of the symbols needed, but the new quiz only has the MathQuil function does not have all of the symbols needed. 

How do we get the "insert equation" option in New Quizzes? Screenshots attached. 

Thank you!
~Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
langlangcat
Community Contributor

Not a big fan of new quiz myself, but let's be fair, the mathquil inside New Quiz only lacks one group of symbols: arrows, compared with insert equation in classic quiz.

Before they can improve the feature, you may consider having the faculty's students launch the MathQuil editor and put in the arrows by using a very simple latex sytax: "\+left or right or up or down + arrow", eg, an arrow pointed right as shown in your screenshot can be typed in as "\rightarrow". these latex codes will render the needed arrows in the equations for you. Encourage the faculty to provide a list of these symbols in the test for the students to choose from.

A cumbersome solution, I know, but better than nothing.

View solution in original post

blopes
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @connellm, In addition to the answer given by @langlangcat 

I would advise you to create a feature request for that 

How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community? 

The options you see on the Rich content editor on the new quizzes are what we have available now, so in this case, a feature request would be the best route. I hope you will have a great day. Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes