Missing notifications

Jump to solution
MarkVenzin
Community Member

have not been getting notifications from OPP 1003  and HPO 1008 . I checked the notifications setting and they seem to be correct. The notifications are not ending up in their deleted items folder. They are both showing in the classes. Their notification settings are the same as the students who are getting the notifications.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SimoneS
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @MarkVenzin ,

The first thing I would suggest is to have the students check their Account > Settings to see if there is an alert or icon next to their email addresses. How do I change the settings in my user account as a student? This would indicate that maybe their emails are bouncing back. If that is the case, you'd have to reach out to Canvas Support to get that fixed. Or it could mean that they need to verify their email addresses. 

If that is not the problem, I suggest that the students review their notification settings. There are account notification settings and course notification settings. The notifications page automatically opens to Account. Your students should use the drop down menu to select a specific course to see if the settings are different there. How do I manage my Canvas notification settings as a student? Course notification settings override account notification settings; so if a notification is on at the account level but off at the course level, they will not get the notification. 

View solution in original post