More control over canvas calendar .ics file content

Jump to solution
AMZ
Community Member

When syncing the canvass calendar to Outlook or Gmail, is it possible to control which courses are represented in the "Calendar Feed"? 

For example: I am a student enrolled in 8 classes, 6 of which have posted their online lecture times on the canvas calendar, one of which posts all TA/Instructor office hours, and one of which posts assignment due dates/times. When I sync this calendar to my Google Calendar, the result is an overlapping mess of events. This would be okay if you can manipulate the calendar in any way (like changing the event color based on the course) or choose which courses are included in the .ical file (and excluding irrelevant courses, like ones with excessive office hours that you don't necessarily go to). 

Is it possible to choose which courses are synced from your canvas calendar? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @AMZ ...

Unfortunately, I do not think that this is possible with Calendar feeds from Canvas (just one "s", by the way).  I looked through the following Guide, and I didn't see anything about being able to do this.  How do I view the Calendar iCal feed to subscribe ... - Canvas Community  Back in 2016, this was also confirmed by @Stef_retiredSolved: Single course calendar feed - Canvas Community.  And unfortunately, I'm not sure that anything new has been developed since then.

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped to answer your question.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post