Moving assignment from one module to another in the same course fails

Jump to solution
Andreas_Hopf
Community Member

I have an unpublished course with three modules. When wanting to move an assignment from one module to another, this error message appears: Move item failed undefined is not an object (evaluating 'i[0].appendChild')

This error occurs with all assignments, also in some other unpublished courses. So, what do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@Andreas_Hopf 

The module item moving seems to be working for me.

That error says there's something wrong with the JavaScript code Canvas is using. Sometimes there is a problem loading it -- a temporary network issue -- but then the bad copy of the code is cached in your browser to save time loading it again in the future. There was someone with a similar issue a couple of weeks ago where icons weren't displaying and I suspect it was a network glitch where they didn't load.

Based on what you're describing, I would start with clearing the browser's cache to make sure that all of the content is fully loaded. Typically, holding shift while you click on the reload button will take care of it.

In rare circumstances, you may need to clear the browser cookies. I used to think that was asking too much as it logs me out of everything, but then there was as time that I actually had a corrupted cookie and removing it was the fix. To clear just the Canvas cookies, click on the icon before the URL and find something about cookies (the wording varies by browser -- in Chrome it's "Cookies and site data".)

View solution in original post

0 Likes