Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is Canvas 24/7?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Before I upload a writing assignment I'm supposed to use the self-proofing checklist in canvas.  Where do I find this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to add a Word collaboration to to a group and when I try to add it I keep getting am error saying that my session has timed out and that I need to log back in. I have logged out and back in many times and it still does not work. How do I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

DELETED

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several discussion threads where I am unable to see all of the entries I know this because my students have shown me on their computers that they can see all of the entires I need to know how to fix this problem

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While I have set the correct timezone in the course settings (Eastern), student accounts default to Mountain (in Free for Teachers).  So do the assignment due-dates automatically compensate for this?  We're all in Eastern Time.Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the interest of making my exams and quizzes more cheat-proof, I have started using Question Banks. I use external software to have students create uploadable files. However, some of the files are interpreted by Canvas as text files, making those f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Uploading fontsFrom the homepage side panel, click Brand.Click the Brand Kit tab. If you have multiple Brand Kits, select one to customize.Under Brand fonts, click Upload a font.Select the file to upload, and click Open. Only upload fonts that you’re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I mark an assignment missing, the box turns pink for some students but not for others. This started happening about a month ago. On the same assignment, the box will turn pink for one student, but not for another when I mark them both missing. T...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Create a formular quiz question with a single variable. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Upload a blank html file, link to that file from a page. In safari try to click the link, it will give you a content blocked message.I believe this is either a bug in canvas, or there is some plugin within our environment that is causing the issue. T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello everyone. I am struggling to find a solution to my problem with an AICC course I need to make available to our learners. I have no experience with AICC, and I'm not even sure I fully understand what my problem even is.Now, I know Canvas doesn't...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The area for the modules are all gone for all my classes what do I do

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor and want to use positive values in the rubrics for things that relate to the contents of the assignment and negative points for failing to meet overall guidelines, i.e. lateness, not replying to everyone in a discussion, and so for...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 25 Replies

I'm trying to decide if appointment scheduler will meet a need for students to sign up to meet with advisors. Once a student signs up, are any confirmations sent to the instructor and/or student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove canvas courses that I am no longer in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know it is possible to sync the Canvas calendar with a Google calendar, but am I able to sync or import a Google calendar into Canvas?Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to find or create a list of students who have contributed to a discussion board? The board is not tied to the gradebook so we can't use that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are having an issue where our Learning Mastery Gradebook is not populating. At the Gradebook level, everything is blank and students are in the "unassessed" category. However at the quiz build level, the outcomes are populating and registering for...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello:)I am looking to organize assignment submissions into previously made groups (made within the "People" tab). Students have submitted an assignment (as a PDF or worddoc) and the submissions are currently organized in alphabetical order for Speed...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can Canvas be set up to default to naming downloaded student submission files with the start of the assignment name rather than "Submissions"? Do you know how many "Submissions" folders I have? It would absolutely save me time if Canvas could automat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student has stated that sometimes the answers for dropdown questions are too long and they extend past the side of the screen. This is a result of the student viewing the content zoomed in a lot so they can see the text. Aside from shortening the a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Unable to access dashboard and assignments. Facility told me to reach out to Canvas. Below is an example of what is happening. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student A was enrolled in my Honors Gov't course in Canvas.  They completed several assignments/quizzes.  They requested to be transferred to my regular Gov't course in Canvas.  That was done, but their grades did not transfer.  They are not viewable...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I have a teacher who wants to use "georgia" as the default font for his course. However, I am not sure how to help him. Is this possible If so, how?! I do not want to change the font for the entire school, just this teacher. Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have recently shared several quizzes with another teacher in my district. The quizzes were classic and new. However, when the teacher opens the quiz, all she sees is the title and not the questions. We have shared before and this was not an issue. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am currently having a teacher who is having an issue with speedgrader. In google chrome on the latest version, she is grading google slides/powerpoint presentations. Some pages appear as black and some do not. When you use the zoom function,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We had our own domain for Canvas right now and we recently find out a participant merged himself to his own school and the SIS ID we gave him is gone.Is it possible for us to reverse that and ban that from happening again? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Try to get a list of submissions by calling the API, but it gave 403  "user not authorized to perform that action".  Any ideas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies