My work has been lost twice

Jump to solution
KYLEPACHANKIS
Community Member

Sometimes when i do my work and it takes a long time, when i click submit, it logs me back in and then all my work is lost, at first i thought it was just a bug, but then it happend again, this is very frustrating, please fix it, or create something where it asks if you are still there and if you wold like to log out, like netflix.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @KYLEPACHANKIS ...

Ugh...that must be frustrating to lose work.  I've had similar things happen to me as I am building courses for our instructors, so I can sympathize to some extent.  If you are working online and writing something long that will be submitted in your Canvas course, you might want to first do that writing "offline" in a Word document (for example) where you can then copy/paste that text to wherever you need in Canvas so that you are not getting timed out.  Do you happen to know how long you've been signed in before getting timed out?

You might want to submit this as a Feature Idea here in the Community so that others could review and evaluate it in case they would like to see something similar to what you are suggesting.  To create a new Feature Idea, just click on the PRODUCT menu from any page here in the Community, and then click on IDEA CONVERSATIONS.  Then, click on the "Suggest an idea" button to get started.  Here are a few other Guides to help you along the way:

I hope these resources will be of help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes