cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajay56

A year or two ago I changed my name but then the feature was removed. Can my name somehow be reset back to ANGEL RIOS?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

In Canvas, click on your Account Profile. It's at the top of your Global Navigation Bar to the far left of your screen. You should be able to edit your photo and your biography. (This is something you need to do yourself. We can't do it for you.)

In regards to changing your name, you may need to contact your school and see if it is possible. Some institutions allow students to change their names in Canvas; other schools don't. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ajay56

Oh and please delete my embarassing bio and stuff

0 Kudos
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

In Canvas, click on your Account Profile. It's at the top of your Global Navigation Bar to the far left of your screen. You should be able to edit your photo and your biography. (This is something you need to do yourself. We can't do it for you.)

In regards to changing your name, you may need to contact your school and see if it is possible. Some institutions allow students to change their names in Canvas; other schools don't. 

I am allowed to change my picture but my biography is not changeable, neither is the status under my name. 

0 Kudos

Good morning, @ajay56 ...

To be clear, are you following the steps outlined in one of these Guides?

Please be sure to read the information in the light blue box at the top of either of these Guides...as editing your profile may not be available to you depending on how your school's Canvas administrator has configured things.

Hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions...thanks!

0 Kudos