New Analytics: > 14 day reports please

Jump to solution
caknight
Community Member

I am an instructor with a 'learning to learn' student learning objective.  I want to use the New Analytics student activity reports to show students their opportunity to learn more effectively by engaging in key content (pages) earlier (right after assigned).  Since the report.csv downloads now seem to be limited to the prior 14 days, I do not have the ability to get this information.  Can we get the reports to cover the whole semester?  Is there a way to do this or does it need to be created?

Thank you very much.

ck

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Course Activity Report with link to 27-day report,Course Activity Report with link to 27-day report,Hi @caknight, there is an option to download a 27-day report from the Reports tab of New Analytics, but that will need to be filtered to pull out the data for an individual student. I checked a class I'm teaching this semester and the 14-day report for a single student is 21KB and the 27-day report for my entire class (80+ students) is 2.8MB.

I found a way to see these data for students going back to the beginning of the semester, but it's only available by week. There are a couple of ways to get there: One is to select a student's name on the People page and then New Analytics on the tray that slides out; the other is to select the student's name from the Students tab on the course-wide New Analytics page.

Then select the Weekly Online Activity tab on the student's New Analytics page and then one of the weeks to see a tray with that student's page view and participation count for each item they looked at during the week. It doesn't have the immediacy you mention. 

One more place to find access data is on the access report page. This can be found by selecting the student's name on the People page, selecting the student's name on the slide-out tray, and then selecting the Access Report button. This shows how many times the student viewed and participated for each item in the course, but the only date displayed is when they last viewed the item.

These steps are all for someone with an instructor's access. Your local sysadmin might be able to pull more detailed data.

View solution in original post