New Canvas assignments not showing up on PowerSchool

Jump to solution
SabrinaNelson
Community Member

Hello! 

I'm having a really strange problem. Midway through this quarter, I was assigned a class. I set up different grade categories on PowerSchool for this class, and they showed up, and my grades are synching just fine for my new class...however, for whatever reason, now my grades for my older classes will not sync at all. 

I have posted new assignments on Canvas, and I've made sure the title is the right amount of characters, that it is in the right assignment group, that I checked SIS, the works...but, the new assignments will not even show up on PowerSchool (I can't even see the titles of the assignments). It's as if nothing from the date my new class started will appear.  

However, what's really strange is if a student submits a late assignment, their new submission shows up. So my Canvas is capable of syncing...but it's not showing new assignments. 

I've tried to do Remaster Grade Passback with no luck. I've double-checked all of my grade categories on PowerSchool and they look fine. I really don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @SabrinaNelson!

It's tough to tell without being able to see your grade sync logs. Do you happen to have any screenshots from the grade sync page in your course? Typically the error logs will give me a good idea on what the cause is. 

There was also an issue recently with PowerSchool integrations, I do not know if it is still going on but you should be able to check it here - https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Known-Issues/SIF-Agent-3-3-10-Oracle-Errors/ta-p/298...

It might also help to just resync your categories from the assignments page. If all else fails, you can reach out to Canvas Support if your integration is Canvas managed!

View solution in original post