Observer Role

Jump to solution
h_hynes
Community Novice

Hi,

I would like to add some occasional students to a Canvas page as Observers. Basically I want them to be able to see the same content as the regular students soo, without needing to submit assignments. They would be "observing nobody". Other posts I have read here have said that observers can see student grades - which I don't want - I just want them to be like students without assignments. Has anyone else done this and can you advise me if this is possible?

Thanks!

Helen

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @h_hynes ...

For a question like this, I think it would be best to reach out to the University College Cork team who works directly with Canvas.  You might want to ask them if it would be possible for them to create a new role in Canvas that meets all the requirements you are looking for.  Or, there may be a chance that they already have a custom role created that might match the requirements you need, and they could just enroll students with that role instead.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post