cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GersonBronstein
Community Member

Offline quizzes

Jump to solution

Is it possible to configure offline quizzes on Canvas? The student takes the quizz and the answers are uploaded the next time he/she connects to the Internet. Timing and # of tentatives would be the same as online quizzes. I'm the administrator of Canvas and students are facing several issues related to connection downtimes while taking quizzes.

Thks

GB

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GersonBronstein ...

Thank you for the additional information that you are in Brazil.  Do you and your students have a way to contact the Canvas Help Desk staff?  If so, that's where I would start first.  That way, you can determine if the issue really is on the Canvas side or if it is something else...such as your 3G or 4G connections.

How do I contact Canvas Support?

Once you've ruled out things with the Help Desk, if you feel that submitting a Feature Idea is still worthwhile, you can do so here in the Community website.  Here are a few documents to help get you started:

Hopefully one or more of these resources will be of help to you.  Good luck with your investigations!  Keep us posted on things as you learn more.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @GersonBronstein …

As far as I know, there is no option in Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes within Canvas that would allow students to take quizzes in an offline setting and then upload those answers back to Canvas.

You mention “connection downtimes”.  This could be related to any number of things…including a student’s own internet connection.  For example, if someone’s ISP (Internet Service Provider) is having issues, then that’s on the ISP and not Canvas.  You can always go to http://status.instructure.com to see if Canvas is online or not.  And, you should be able to subscribe via RSS feed if you want: Canvas Status via RSS Feed.

I would also recommend that students report issues like this to the Canvas Help Desk staff.  That way, if there is an issue on the Canvas side, their technicians can look into it further and hopefully provide a solution.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this…thanks!

GersonBronstein
Community Member

Thank you for your prompt response, @chofer.

I forgot to mention a piece of information that would clarify my question.

I live in Brazil. Here, we have some counties where there is no ISP or the connection is unstable. Students rely on 3G or (in rare occasions) 4G to connect to the Internet. And it is not rare connection drops during quizzes.

Is it possible to post it as a suggestion to Canvas Dev. Team?

Thks,

GB

Hi @GersonBronstein ...

Thank you for the additional information that you are in Brazil.  Do you and your students have a way to contact the Canvas Help Desk staff?  If so, that's where I would start first.  That way, you can determine if the issue really is on the Canvas side or if it is something else...such as your 3G or 4G connections.

How do I contact Canvas Support?

Once you've ruled out things with the Help Desk, if you feel that submitting a Feature Idea is still worthwhile, you can do so here in the Community website.  Here are a few documents to help get you started:

Hopefully one or more of these resources will be of help to you.  Good luck with your investigations!  Keep us posted on things as you learn more.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
GersonBronstein
Community Member

Thank you again, @chofer. I'll take a look at the docs you suggested.

Best,

GB