Organizing Quizzes

Jump to solution
williamsla
Community Member

Trying to figure out how to search for this topic, as it relates to a few different areas, so I am just going to post it here and hope the community can help...

Trying to come up with a plan for a department that has several instructors, all of whom have quizzes on the same topics but have created them in their courses individually, some using new quizzes and some using classic, some using question banks and some not, and who would like to:

Create a set of banks in new quizzes with all of these questions so that instructors can pull questions for the quizzes in their course going forward. 

Want to find the easiest way to accomplish this, preferably by one person. Could be one of the faculty or could be our EdTech team working on it for them. 

Thoughts? Thanks!

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

That's a great question, @williamsla, and I think that New Quizzes will be the best tool for your instructors to use. An Item Bank can be shared directly with other instructor users in an account, and it will then appear on the "All Banks" list of Item Banks for them. You might decide to share those banks view view and not edit permissions, as anyone with edit permissions can even delete the entire Item Bank! There is a document in the Canvas Guides that explains how this works:

How do I share an item bank in New Quizzes? 

View solution in original post