Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've finally succeeded in getting an outcome import to work in canvas. However, I had to provide an outcome number in the column A vendor_guide. i.e. outcome_94632, etc.  How do I get Canvas to auto-number the outcomes so that I don't have to look up...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What if no assigned peer is given two separate times. The first I lost 20 points the first time.  Will I lose 20 point this timw also before I even get started?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an New Quiz, students took it, and it has been graded using speedgrader.  There doesn't seem to be any way to download these scores as a CSV file.  Am I missing something?  Where does one do this?  The grades have not been posted, and I do ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I am teaching at one school and I want to leave that school, is there a way to take my canvas course content with me?  Thanks!

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings,   Yesterday, 2/21/22 the preview feature was available in all components of Canvas (Speed Grader, Modules, etc.). It is not available today. I have restarted my computers and the browsers several times.   On my MacBook Air, the chrome vers...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make it so students receive the points for an assignment just for turning it in? So if it was a ten point assignment, they would get the ten points just for submitting it? I know there is a way to override a grade in the gradebook, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy.  Ass. Prof here.  There are many posts on this topic, but none of them apply here.  All you need to see this mistake is have assignments with different point values.  No weights (which was a good guess). 9/10, 10/10, 14/15 It will drop the 14/...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

If I attach a file (e.g., a PDF file) to my "assignment comments" in SpeedGrader, my students can see these files but I cannot see them (e.g., if I want to check if I have attached the correct file or if I want to see the comments that I gave my stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have the Canvas software developers even tried using their own annotating tools? I've spent minutes trying to highlight a passage that the student submitted so I can make a comment -- to no avail.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas offer any navigation tools for students to use during exams? For example, highlight portions of question text and multiple choice answers? Or flagging questions to answer later.   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My teacher posts many assignments with the embedded Google Docs feature and while that normally works for me, yesterday I was trying to get into the assignments that were due that day and two loading circles were on my screen where the google doc wou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating new courses for the next term, our institution usually copy+pastes due dates for each assignment from an excel sheet that tracks the new dates.  I've recently learned that Canvas has a setting that should simplify this. However, when fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There's nothing (obvious) to click to launch a New Quiz from the student view of Grades.    How is a student to know to click the bread crumb at the top to actually open the quiz? Feels this UI should be cleaned up.  When students are playing catch-u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title says, I am unable to create a new multiple choice question bank with equation editor responses. It only allows answers in the text box, which is insufficient. Has something changed in this regard? I did this many times last few years, bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I am a Canvas Admin for our Institution and recently one of our departments got invited into a program that uses a third party LTI.  I have added LTIs in the past, however this time I am perplexed.  The vendor is asking for me to provide the "V...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In a recent update to New Quizzes, the "shared with" information for each bank has disappeared. Now, the only way to know if a bank is shared at all seems to be to have to open the bank sharing dialog box and check. Is there a way to be more efficien...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There seems to be an old thread about this, but the issue is still persistent. I have some PDFs that I post on Canvas that are quite long (lecture notes that are in an almost textbook-like format, a "book" of homework problems I have written, and lab...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi I am considering the use of blueprint courses at our school. I would like a master course which someone like the Head of Department has access to and organises content/settings etc. Eg. Year 12 Economics ....and then have all the classes associate...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I restrict students from downloading Zoom recordings?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Somehow the sidebar with topics like modules, discussions, media, grades, ect. disappeared.  It makes it very difficult to navigate while in each class.  Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it.  I went through all the settings and did not s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a user contact me regarding a course shell they were added to as a T.A. and their inability to view certain student's submitted work for grading.  I took a look and noticed that the students that they couldn't view were from the cross-listed se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I copy a quiz from semester 1 course to semester 2 course. It states quiz in unpublished module. I make a copy of the same quiz within semester 2 course, make sure it is published.  Now students can see it and take it.  Why do I need this second copy...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to setup a locker signup system. One where students can signup for a particular locker, then once they do, it's removed from the list. Is that something that could be done with Canvas? Microsoft forms has limited functionality, and won't be ab...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I post an introduction in my course forum

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, Looking for some community help! I am a teacher who helps out when teachers have technical issues. I have a teacher who is having issues on the "Edit Assignment" page.  Dates are added, but do not appear on the teacher's viewable page. (I can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Double badges and empty colums in the report  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have withdrawn this unit 2022-HS 10002-Engineering Materials (Semester 1). However, it is still showing that as my semester 1 course in canvas. why is it happening? Please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see several different names on my course (see pictures). The list says one name, but when I enter the course settings, I see two other names. How do I change the name in the first picture (Alströmer 21/22)?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My Discussions are not pinned, but they are not sorting by most recent activity.  Earlier, closed discussions are staying at the top of the list of discussion, while the current active discussion remains buried at sixth on the list.  Last semester th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies