Pen Input Performance with Microsoft Surface

Jump to solution
Joel00
Community Member

Canvas Community,

I want to use the Speedgrader to quickly make comments directly on paper. I currently use an iPad with Apple Pencil, but it's too slow and choppy.

Has anyone tried it on one of the Microsoft Surface Pro machines? In a native app, or via the browser?

BTW I tried it on an inexpensive Chromebook. Utter failure. The pen input is great on the machine generally, but it just fell apart writing in the Speedgrader module with Chrome.

Thanks for any advice.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Community Team
Community Team

@Joel00 I don't have any experience using a stylus with Canvas, so I can't provide any first hand experience, but you might want to refer to the Canvas Release Notes (2019-02-16) where this functionality was added to Canvas.  The most relevant part of the documentation is quoted below:

Stylus functionality is supported for any user who can access DocViewer. Support is provided for the Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 using the Chrome or Edge browser. Stylus support is limited to Bamboo Ink and any stylus officially supported by Microsoft for the Surface Pro. Limited stylus compatibility is also available in the Firefox browser.

View solution in original post

0 Likes