Personalized Calendar for Special Education

SLP
Community Member

I am trying to find a way to make individualized, recurring calendar invites for students that cannot be viewed by other students. As a speech-language pathologist providing individualized instruction, I cannot set one calendar for all of my students AND I cannot have other students/family be able to view another student's calendar due to FERPA (as this would show what services the student is receiving).

How can I create individual, recurring calendar invites for students? Similar to and individual Google Calendar invite that only the invitee can view. I have not been able to find a way to do this. I have attempted to make Assignments that are due at a particular time, but this would be unreasonable to do every week for every student. I also cannot maintain 40-50 separate Canvas courses to individualize for each student in a separate class to use the calendar in a more anonymous way.

Additional idea...if there was a usable calendar option, for it to integrate with other major calendars, such as Outlook. This would help show time blocks on my calendar while I'm in direct instruction to prevent over-booking with other appointments.

0 Likes