Please verify username or password.

Jump to solution
LucasBerry
Community Member

On my school districts network I can't log in to the university of Cincinnati canvas page. I keep getting an error message that says please verify username or password and try again. I am for sure using the correct name and password. I have even reset it and tried the new password and still failed. My browsers are up to date. I have cleared my cache.  My school district is not blocking the site because I checked with them. Not sure what else I can do. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

This is a community forum made up of volunteers, so we would not have access to your institution's information or systems to directly help. However, see if the following might get you started trying to get signed in.

It looks like UC has a Canvas portal. Double check that you are attempting to log in from that page. It can be easy to start typing Canvas at the top of the browser, but the browser may redirect you to the default Canvas portal for free users, which won't recognize your login since it was created using UC's system. I also see that UC uses Canopy for a SSO service. Depending on if you are a student or a teacher, you might try starting there to sign in, then see if that gets you into Canvas. The starting page is HERE.

If needed, UC's tech department is probably best equipped to assist. You can find more information on their Get Help page, including instructions for calling to get help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes