cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindi_d
Community Member

Practice quiz and speedgrader

Jump to solution

I assigned a practice quiz and it's being graded, but the speedgrader tool is not showing up so I can give students feedback. Is this because it's a practice quiz? How can I make the change now since students are already working on the practice quiz?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @cindi_d 

While you cannot provide feedback within the quiz itself, you could provide feedback both generally through an announcement, discussion, conference or even as a "review page"; or to individual students through the Inbox.

Canvas' Quiz statistics provides a very good item analysis in Quiz Statistics Once I publish a quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available?

I especially find the Question Breakdown to be useful for identifying which items students found challenging, and if you hover over the "respondents" links, they identify which students chose a particular response providing an opportunity for individual feedback.

It is tedious, but still useful.

Kelley

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @cindi_d ...

Even though you have a Practice Quiz and there are point assigned to the questions, it's not technically being graded.  In my testing, the only way you can get access to the SpeedGrader for the quiz is if you change it from a Practice Quiz to a Graded Quiz.  You should be able to change this by editing the quiz details and changing the "Quiz Type" from Practice Quiz to Graded Quiz.

I hope this will help a bit.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @cindi_d 

While you cannot provide feedback within the quiz itself, you could provide feedback both generally through an announcement, discussion, conference or even as a "review page"; or to individual students through the Inbox.

Canvas' Quiz statistics provides a very good item analysis in Quiz Statistics Once I publish a quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available?

I especially find the Question Breakdown to be useful for identifying which items students found challenging, and if you hover over the "respondents" links, they identify which students chose a particular response providing an opportunity for individual feedback.

It is tedious, but still useful.

Kelley

View solution in original post

cindi_d
Community Member

Thank you. I typically use the inbox for feedback. I'll look into the other things you mentioned as well. I certainly am learning a lot as I go along.