Prep for a Course Copy

Jump to solution
s_greathouse
Community Participant

Today's Quick Qs:

Will learning groups that I build on the People page and events I set on the calendar (NOT assignments, only reminders) in an empty course stay in place if I choose to copy content from another course? Will they remain if I use a blueprint?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@s_greathouse I believe you mean that you are bringing content into the course shell you have been working in (and not copying the shell into another course).  For almost all areas of Canvas, "Settings" is the only exception, Canvas is additive meaning it does not overwrite what is there, it adds to it. (note: there can be complications with assignments/quizzes being copied to an new course and copied back as they are seen as the same item again and cause overwriting)

I know for sure, nothing in the people area is included in course copies so nothing would be affected there regardless of which direction you are copying things.  Events would also not be overwritten but to be honest, I have never tried to copy a course with events (not assignments as you mention) and see if those copy over to the new course.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post