Published Courses Not Showing Up under Teacher's Dashboard

Jump to solution
martinyilin
Community Member

One of my colleagues is teaching 17 courses this year. Yes, a lot of courses. Somehow one of the courses is not showing up on her Dashboard. But we can see the missing course in the Admin panel. Could anyone tell me why that missing course is behaving this way? Did Canvas capped the number of courses available to show in the Dashboard to 10?  How can we get it to show up on the dashboard? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Yes that's right, once you start favoriting, then all courses you want to see on your dashboard need to be favorited.  She should go back and favorite all her current semester courses, and any other ones she wants to see on her dashboard.  In future, new courses should automatically be favorited, but this first time it has to be done manually.  Previous semester courses will automatically disappear from her dashboard once they are closed.

View solution in original post

@martinyilin ...

Just to expand on what @Nancy_Webb_CCSF has said...  in the link she included in an earlier response, a portion of the light blue box at the top of the Guide states the following:

When no courses are favorited, the courses list automatically displays up to 20 courses alphabetically in the drop-down menu. However, once you have selected at least one course as a favorite, only your favorite courses will appear in the Courses list.

I hope that this also helps to clarify how things have work...as this is how things work "by design".

View solution in original post