Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to add links in the comment section of SpeedGrader? I use a Microsoft Form in an assignment, some students overlook this aspect of the assignment, and I would like to be able to add the link into the comments for incomplete grades.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2022 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I would like to set my courses on Canvas to automatically play some videos in a sequence, that are posted on the modules page. For exemple: One class has 2 videos, I'll put them seperatelly on modules, so that the student can "mark as conclude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I uploaded a video and we can not watch the video. Message the Video is uploaded and will appear after processing

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an Ed Tech at a university Continuing Ed program and am looking at different LMS systems for our courses. We are looking to sell 100% asynchronous, self-serve courses that allow for an "Amazon-like" consumer experience. The target market is exte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with downloading everything from Canvas. The context is that I'm a final year uni student and I want to download all my course notes and data, because I will lose access to it after graduat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Moodle they had a very cool feature I miss dearly and I don't think Canvas has it. So I have cross-listed courses (beginning photo 6th, beginning photo 5th, beginning photo 6th). I need to download submissions for their projects (there are 6 files...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently in order to pre-add quiz time to students with accommodations one has to add the time through Moderate Quiz, and that is only available when the quiz is in Published state.  Can this be changed so that ALL quiz settings can be adjusted in U...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not sure if this has been brought up previously, but the moment a quiz is published, students can see the number of questions on the quiz. This should not be a default. I don't want my students to know how many questions are on the exam until they op...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am wondering if assignments can have multiple text entry fields, or if there are plans to add this feature to Canvas assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All of my course cards and banners are gifs, but they no longer animate. I switched them out for Easter, and when I switched back to the original image, it would no longer animate. If I switch back to the Easter picture, it no longer animates either,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to contact our CSM? Help on this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HELLO, our instructure canvas "https://americana.instructure.com/" is extremely slow since 12/04, pages takes 20 to even 30 to 45seconds to charge now, can you guys help me see if its a acount problem or a user problem, what can i do?  already tested...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm analyzing API events from Canvas instance.  I see "assignement_group_created" but never "assignment_group_updated".  In a course, I created an assignment group, edited assignments, edited group name, lowest and highest scores, and moved the group...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I started my Canvas course in January for our transfer center at a community college. We generate the roster for data throughout the semester to see how many students have joined. Is it possible to filter the roster after a specific date so we can do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to convert Classic Quizzes in Canvas from an exported QTI file into a Word document. Is there any conversion software out there that does this?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Looking for posted faculty notice to individuals- where do I find this calendar or assignment list?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students just told me that they can see the Big Button Conference in the interface Canvas. How to fix that. Please help me out. There is a cross on it saying that it is invisible to students. Delille

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have any tools for developing adaptive assessments? Can we post series of questions that are presented, or not presented, depending on a student's response to a previous question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot take quiz and test on canvas app. When I start the quiz is just keep loading, I can't see the questions in quiz and Test. I wait for a long time, still can't take it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting yesterday, Canvas changed the HTML code that is generated for external tools. In my case, my Canvas class makes extensive use of Cay Horstmann's excellent CodeCheck tool. Prior to yesterday, the code generated by Canvas when inserting an ext...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-21-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach the same course on subsequent semesters, so I will import the course files, exams etc. from the previous semester when I make the site for a new section at the beginning of the same semester. However, I do make some changes, typically. For in...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I've recently added checkboxes into my assignments for students to check off that they have done everything they are supposed to on an assignment before turning it in. As well as a self-assessment. These checkboxes disappear upon student s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvasland, I haven't seen the red calendar icon below before, but I want to replicate it.  How?   When I click on the red calendar, it allows me to edit the availability parameters of that one item.                         Looking forward to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I added the Passport to CANVAS as a course and switched to student view, the images are not showing, instead, there are images of locks. Checking the files loaded into my account, all I have are the template images but no course images.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a quiz in canvas.  It is not published but each time I try to change the point value for individual questions and save the screen, the scores revert back to the previous points.  I would like to assign 33 points for a question but afte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I delete all students from a course? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been attempting to create quizzes via the canvas api, but am running into issue (exacerbated by the less-than-ideal error handling by the canvas api). I'm able to create a quiz, but when trying to create a quiz question, I've run into the follow...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not used Turnitin often. This semester I am using it and find it not helpful at all. Most of what it finds as a match is from other papers submitted from other students at other schools. Due to  privacy issues, it cannot show me the content fr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need help turning in a homework assignment for my Biology class and I don't know how to turn it in on canvas and see if my teacher gets the homework assignment!?!?!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All! I have created a Shelf-type Padlet on the Padlet site. It seems to work fine. But if I embed it into a Canvas page, it seems to work only up until the point where the page reloads. Once that happens, I can no longer move posts around on the b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies