Published assignments not showing in gradebook

Jump to solution
Community Novice

I've messed with all of the settings I can, but since last week, newly published assignments aren't showing in the gradebook for one of my two courses. The other course is operating just fine. So with the task list function removed for now, the only way I can see if there are new submissions is to go to the assignment and click on speedgrader. It's a bit cumbersome. Hoping there's an easy fix for this that I just haven't thought of. 

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @1174471  Welcome to the Canvas Community, and sorry to hear that you're having this issue. The definitely should not be happening, especially for published assignments!  The main thing I can think of that might be happening is that it's possible that you had previously filtered the gradebook....even if you may not have realized it, perhaps, while doing something else.  Filters are "sticky" in that they will retain the last settings that you enabled.  Head to the View>>Filters drop-down menu in Grades and make absolutely certain that you have NO filters in place.  Here is online lesson about setting filters, but if you head to the bottom you'll see information on removing them:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26469-how-do-i-filter-columns-and-rows-in-the-gradebook

If indeed there are no filters, after scrolling horizontally and making sure that there is NOTHING past the TOTAL column (that can happen, too!) then it may be time to contact Canvas Support about this.  (Help>>Report a Problem, which may be sent first to your local support.)

I hope this helps a bit, Amber.  Be well!

View solution in original post