Quiz allow students to see correct answers

Jump to solution
CraigDay
Community Novice

In classic quizzes, I check "let students see their answers only once after each attempt" and "let students see correct answers".  Apparently they can see the correct answers multiple times.  Is there a way to show the correct answers only once?  I let students re-take the tests and I don't want them to memorize the answers for the retake instead of learning the concepts.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I did a test, @CraigDay and it worked as advertised for me. Here is what I have for the relevant quiz settings:

Quiz response optionsQuiz response options

This quiz allows unlimited attempts, and student users are able to see the correct answers only once, when they submit the quiz. After that, this is what a student user sees when they return to the quiz page:

Student user view of quizStudent user view of quiz

If your students' users are encountering something different, the best option is to use the Help menu in your Canvas instance to alert your tech support team. It would be great if their vigilance extended to the Canvas Question Forum, alas it does not.

I’m going to mark this reply as a solution. I realize it does not solve your problem, but it might help colleagues who face a similar challenge.

View solution in original post