Quiz grades posting before I've graded the open ended questions

PennyFraker
Community Member

Hi there!

I am teaching the same course at our community college twice a week this quarter. Both classes have an online quiz due later this week, and some students have already taken the quiz. I am noticing that in my Friday course on Canvas, the grades are not posting because there are open ended questions on the quiz that still require instructor grading. There's a little paper icon with an exclamation mark showing up instead of a grade. This is how I'd expect it to work.

However, on my Sunday course in Canvas, student grades are posting automatically, even though there are still questions that I need to grade to get an accurate final quiz grade for those students. I've attached a screen shot of both my Friday class and the Sunday class grade books to compare.

I have searched Canvas's help and played around with my settings, but I can't seem to figure this one out. I have selected to "manually post grades", so hopefully that will help so the future students that take the quiz don't see their grade until I've finished grading.

The larger class is the Friday class, and this is what I'd love for the Sunday grade book to look like - so students don't think they're getting an F on a quiz simply because it hasn't been graded entirely yet.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes