Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'd like to have different sections in a quiz.  The first section would be multiple choice with attached stimulus, the second a CRQ set.  I'd like the multiple choice to be in a random order, and that works except the CRQ's have to be order.  So can ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, Does the above check-box option need a slight tweak / extension? As it stands, it's a bit misleading. If unchecked, a student's own incorrect answers are still flagged after taking the quiz. Therefore, they can easily deduce which of their own an...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Just a note to suggest that the Preview functionality ought to be extended to be more accurate. Despite unchecking "Let students see their answers", when you preview a Classic Quiz, it appears as if someone who has taken the quiz can still see their ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! Is there a way to programmatically move to the next segment after finishing an exercise in the external tool (triggered after doing a grade pass back on the current exercise)? Or like create a button that functions like the Next Button below. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know whether it is possible to insert an image (for example a banner image) above the heading on discussion pages to alert learners to the fact it's a discussion in a more visual way?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know whether Canvas allows us to insert the Canvas navigation icons into Canvas content to assist Learners, and where we can get the image files? Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

A change was made to a published classic quiz which students had already submitted to and been marked. The quizzes that had already been marked are now showing up on the teachers' dashboard to do list to be marked in speedgrader again. Is there any w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all There are some comments around this from a couple of years ago and some that have been posted with no responses. I know we can access speedgrader comments an a per student basis via download; however, a teacher has asked to download all studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I have created groups, I have never understood the option "Require group members to be in the same section".  Are we talking about group jumping?  But that doesn't make sense if you aren't allowing self sign-ups.  Isn't the entire basis of...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to give a timed quiz with a file upload question that permits late uploads?  Many students taking a 30 minute quiz seem to be having difficulty trying to upload a file at the last minute (or second), and it they are on a slow connectio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Anyone else having trouble uploading images into a classic quiz?  It was working yesterday, but now all I get is a rotating circle like it is trying to insert it, but it never happens. I need to insert statistical graphs that go with my quiz question...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted an assignment folder that appeared to have nothing in it, but after I clicked confirm, I realized it had many assignments. I went to /undelete and restored the folder, but the assignments are not back. Can I restore my course t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned a pre-made assignment to my students.  The creator did not give the multiple choice problems point values and I didn't catch it until students submitted.  The students have now been given a score of 0 in their gradebook because the questio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just learned how to make a badge in Canva and use Badgr to assign a badge after a module is complete. Where will the students see their badge on their Canvas page?  How do I show badges I've earned? I have only one, and when I looked in the Canvas ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to add a comments section at the bottom of a rubric? I don't want to use the free-form comments, because I want students to see that...but I'd like to add my own general comments.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I'm having an issue where a previously working preview link is no longer working or shows the down arrow the first time, doesn't open the preview, and subsequent clicks only produces a download or other format option.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi - I recently filled out the form to get the full district platform and nobody replied to me. I am asking here to see if anyone is going to see it. Thanks! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My district is moving to Standards Based Grading and we want to use the Common Core standards that are put into canvas for us. When you search standards and objectives we can find the correct class, strands standards and objectives.  When you add the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had a quiz that was accessible from the Module 2 home page.  After a couple of days, it disappeared.  It is still available if I click on “Quizzes” on the left side menu. Where did it go?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Use case:  20 students take a quiz.  Question number one is pulled randomly from an item bank containing  30 questions.  This item bank is only used for question number one. It is desired that students do not pull the same question from the item bank...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I gave a exam recently and put 104 points on the test with the intention of the test would be out of 100 points, with the possibility of getting as much as 4 points of extra credit (so people could get 104 on the test).  When calculating the total cl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,  I usually close the canvas tab on google chrome before a test, because I prefer to take the test on my tablet. Usually, after the test, I return to my computer and I open a new tab, go to canvas website, and I am asked to log back into canvas...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a third party test bank from zyBooks. It is multiple choice and I have selected 64 questions. I will import it into Canvas and I want the score to be scaled to 100. How does this work in Canvas? 64 questions and 100 points. Thanks, -Afshin

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have resource classrooms for my RSP students that I support in general ed classes. Will I be able to create a separate class in canvas?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I imagine that this is possible, I'm just not sure how to do this.  I would like to have a variety of assignments (some including discussion board posts) where students receive points for participation.  However, I don't want to require that students...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We  have a student who is unable to edit her Microsoft Word document (.docx) from Canvas in the desktop app as it opens as Read-Only.  Read-only, of course, does not Auto-Save, thereby creating the need for an additional Save As and Re-upload.  Any t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I can't seem to find a direct answer to my question. I teach English and have various due dates for drafts, workshops, etc. as they lead to the final draft. These sequential assignments appear in weekly modules as the course progresses, but they also...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

While trying to download files from canvas it always redirects me to the page https://inst-fs-iad-prod.inscloudgate.net/ . I am on a Mac running safari. I have tried clearing my browser cache /history and restarting my computer. The link will run for...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My school blocks Youtube access for students. However, they have discovered a loophole by choosing Discussion, selecting the blue Discussion+ button, thisopens an open and editable Canvas window.Students can then choose toa) upload image and choose t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher who is trying to use the passback system to post grades to PowerSchool. However whenever she clicks the sync button she gets a Generic Error Code:  Assignment cannot be created for section with id=115793. There is no cross listings i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies