Quizzes showing as "0"s in Gradebook

Jump to solution
rblumjose
Community Explorer

Hello! I just gave my 2nd quiz. The first one I gave last week scored fine in gradebook as a percentage. This one shows as "0"s for every single person who took the quiz. I went back and checked their scores under "Moderate" in the quiz itself, as well as in Speedgrader and it had correct percentages. It just says 0/0 for every person in the gradebook and I can't figure out how to go back and change it. In case it matters, there were 14 questions in the quiz and they were each worth 1 point. Yet it still says the score is "out of 0". Thanks!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

In new quizzes, the points on individual questions do not determine the value of the quiz.  To see that, go to the assignment tab, and click the three dot menu next to the quiz.  (Specifically only on the assignment tab.)  Select edit.  On the edit menu you can see the actual value of the quiz.  If that was set to zero, but should have been 14 you can change that on this screen. If you'd like more options for reaching these settings, you might want to join this conversation: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/New-Quizzes-assignment-settings/idi-p/409490

To update the grades using the corrected score:

1. first select hide grades from the three dot menu of the grades tab
  2. go to speedgrader, add one fudge point to every quiz, and click update
  3. check the gradebook (for some reason this is a necessary step) the updated scores should be there
  4. go back to speedgrader, remove the fudge point on each quiz, and click update
  5. After you have completed this for every submission you have so far - return to the gradebook, and select post grades>graded from the three dot menu of the grades tab. 

View solution in original post