Re-entering Test/Quiz with an Access Code

Jump to solution
cdues
Community Novice

Does a student have to enter the access code every time he or she leaves a Canvas tests and returns to complete the test within Quizzes.Next?  If so, am I able to track who leaves, when they leave and how many times they re-enter the test?

1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@cdues ‌, I did some testing to verify the second part of your question.  You do have to enter the password each time, many times I change it after students get in so they can't text someone that is not in class the password to allow them in.  

As far as data tracking, I got mixed results.  It first appeared that it would "System information Captured" each time I re-logged in but then I found if I don't wait very long or don't click anything and log out, it did not track me logging back in.  Not sure how common either of those actions would be in real practice but thought that was interesting.

You can get to the logs through the "Moderate" tab in New Quizzes (what used to be called quizzes.next) and clicking the log button next to a user that has started the test.

Hope that helps!

Nick

View solution in original post